Credit: Vivien Gaumand
Quartier Latin free walking tour (only in French)
Quartier LatinOpen in google map
From June 7 to October 8, 2023
This two-hour walking tour, offered by the Quartier des Spectacles Partnership, features comments by a passionate guide certified by the Institut de tourisme et d'hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ). The stroll takes participants through the ages, exploring picturesque streets, historic buildings and French-language cultural and academic institutions. From the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) to Espace St-Denis, from Le Bordel Comédie Club to Habitations Jeanne-Mance, participants will discover the well-kept secrets and fascinating stories of the Latin Quarter, from its beginnings as the intellectual home of French America to its evolution into a vibrant student, arts and entertainment district. A tour created by Justin Bur for the Quartier des Spectacles Partnership.More information
- There is a maximum of 20 people per group.
- Tours begin at the Place Pasteur, on Saint-Denis Street. The nearest metro station is Berri-UQAM, on the green line.
- You don’t need to print your e-ticket.
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothing appropriate for the weather are recommended.
- Tours take place rain or shine.
- The tour is unfortunately not adapted for people with reduced mobility.